Mentor - Caregiving Position in Concord, NH
APPLY Reports to: Caregiver Mentor and Client Relations Supervisor
Job Structure, Duties, and Responsibilities
The Mentor position sets the example to the rest of the Caregiving team. The position requires that you approach all situations in a nonjudgmental, investigative way. You are representing Age at Home and therefore must maintain a positive can-do attitude with a team-orientated mindset. To do this, a Mentor needs to thoroughly know company policies and care plans and feel comfortable asking for assistance and clarification when necessary. The mentor will be available to train, coach and support fellow Caregivers.
Age at Home Mission
Provide compassionate care for our clients while supporting our employees in a conscientious and consistent manner.
Our vision is to be the leader in the industry by exceeding customer service expectations for both our clients and employees.
To achieve our vision, we are guided by these core principles:
- Inspire and support our employees to be the best they can be
- Educating our employees so that they have all the necessary tools to meet their challenges
- Comforting our clients by providing well trained, professional and caring employees
- A commitment to responding promptly to the needs of clients and employees.
- Approaching every situation in a nonjudgmental way
The job duties will be structured and managed as follows:
- The Mentor will attend new employee orientation to introduce themselves and meet their new Mentee/s. Orientation is typically held 3-4 times a month. The time commitment would be approx. 1 hours. Mentor would need to be comfortable speaking in front of a small group of new employees about their experiences being a caregiver.
- Mentor will work with the Scheduling Coordinator to arrange a time to introduce &/or train the Mentee with their new clients. The time commitment for each intro/training is typically 1-2hrs. Intro’s/training is more frequent during the employee’s first month of employment.
- Mentor will need to familiarize themselves with the client and their Care Plan prior to intro.
- Complete the new employee two-week check in. These are typically done in person and will last up to 1 hr.
- Mentor will also be expected provide new Caregiver mentorship through frequent check ins by phone, email, and in person Introduce New Caregivers to clients as requested.
- Fill in/provide occasional office or phone support as requested.
- Function as a part of the leadership team by making suggestions to improve services, training, and company policies, as well as listening to and reporting client and caregiver concerns.
- Communicate regularly and promptly with the office regarding schedule, client needs, training needs, etc.
- Present Age at Home and the Caregiving Team in a positive light to every client, potential client and business associate.
- Approach every situation by following our core principals.
- Maintain professional boundaries with clients and caregivers.
- Other duties as requested/required.
Approx. 2-3 hours a week for the first month of new caregivers’ employment. Hours may increase based on need with approval. Paid travel time and mileage will be included. Mentor will also be given 16 hours of paid time off to use throughout the year.
In order to be successful in this position, candidates will need to exhibit the following qualities:
- Have at least one year of demonstrated exemplary performance as a Specialized Support Caregiver with Age at Home
- Knowledge of safe transfer techniques and infection control is important, as well as experience and confidence in the use of various pieces of DME such as a Hoyer lift, wheelchairs, slide boards, walker, catheters, colostomy bags, etc.
- Maintain a professional appearance, adhering to company dress code at all times.
- Conduct oneself in a professional, pleasant manner at all times in all dealings with clients, staff, owners, and Caregiver Team Members.
- Be an excellent communicator in both spoken communication and in writing.
- Demonstrate a proactive mindset and be a self-starter, taking charge of their own schedule for mentor introductions, meet & greets and meetings.
- Be skilled or have the aptitude to learn apps, smart phones, and computers.
- Be willing to take on hard assignments, occasional off hours assignments in time of need, and to attend all company meetings & functions where possible.
- Have a customer service mindset.
Contact us today for more information.
Or Call (603)-224-6100
DISCOVER A CAREER THAT'S MUCH MORE THAN SIMPLY HELPING OTHERS. WE'RE ABOUT CONNECTING TO BRING THE VERY BEST QUALITY OF LIFE.
We're dedicated in providing the best home care services in the Greater Concord, NH area. We achieve this with the amazing people on our team.
Our employees are provided with the training and support to help them further enhance their natural abilities to offer compassion and enhance someone else's life.
Jumpstart your career and talk with us today!Join Our Team!