The homes we live in have rich and meaningful history steeped in the joy and sadness of every breath and every heartbeat we take. There is a familiarity and lived in feeling that can never be replaced. The life enriching services we provide help seniors throughout the community to preserve an independent and dignified lifestyle while in the comfort of their own homes. It is inevitable that someday we will all reach a point in our lives where making dinner, going to the grocery store or even getting dressed will become difficult.
Our extensive services range from homemaker services to specialized care. We can provide the support you need to remain at home as long as you choose.
Services are covered by long term care insurance and private pay.
These services may include:
- Companionship – Taking an interest in the client, their life and their environment will create an everlasting bond. Whether it is playing a favorite board game or card game, reading, taking a stroll or visiting with friends or neighbors, life is meant to enjoy.
- Light Housekeeping – The homemaker can provide dusting, damp mopping hardwood and flooring, vacuuming carpets and furniture, changing bedding, cleaning the bathroom and general tidying of living spaces as required or requested.
- Transportation – If mobility is a concern, the caregiver can attend any function, appointment or errand with the client. Whether it is to a local sporting event, family gathering or shopping excursion, the client will have the added security of someone to lean on. Depending on arrangements, travel is done using the client’s vehicle or the caregivers vehicle. The caregiver can keep track of a client appointment calendar so that important appointments are not forgotten.
- Pet Care – A pet is sometimes the best therapy to fight loneliness, depression, medical problems or stress. The caregiver will ensure the pet is always as happy as the client. Cleaning, feeding and exercising the pet will be a part of the day’s activities.
- Personal Care – Bathing, personal hygiene, proper skin care, nail care, catheter care, incontinence care, hair styling, picking out coordinated outfits, help getting dressed. The caregiver will ensure cleanliness and dignity are maintained.
- Alzheimer’s/Dementia Care – As Alzheimer’s progresses it becomes increasing important to keep the client in familiar surroundings. Unfortunately, this puts tremendous strain on the family both mentally and physically. Age at Home understands this and works closely with the client and family members to ensure comfort of all involved. Caregivers specializing in the unique issues of Alzheimer’s disease will be assigned to enrich the client’s daily living.
- Medication Reminders – The caregiver can remind a client to take their medications. If a client is unable to handle the administering of the medications, family or friends can pre-pour the medications into a pill box so the caregiver can keep track of medication reminders. Caregivers are not allowed to administer or handle medications.
And Much More……….